No sooner do the Christmas decorations get put away than out come the hearts and proclamations of "be mine!" That's right, folks, V-day is right around the corner, and that means those of us who are coupled have lots o' pressure to show our honey just how much we care, and those who aren't are repeatedly reminded of their singleton status. Never fear, there's nothing like food to make things all better. And not to stress you out even more, but don't delay, you know tables are booking up fast!
Don't miss Pacci's 2nd annual Queen of Hearts Social on Feb. 10. The event is a free cocktail party, featuring complimentary apps, drink specials, free tarot card readings, raffle prizes, and a chance to have relationship questions answered by advice columnist Blane Bachelor. Guests are encourage to wear red if they like V-day and black if they don't. Raffle prizes include dinner for 2 at Pacci and a cocktail part at AltoRex for 6.
Want to avoid all the fuss? A number of restaurants will just be serving their regular menu, such as Rosebud, Restaurant Eugene, and Chops.
Got a date?
La Tavola 3-courses for $49 on Feb. 14. Duck liver crostini and veal saltimbocca? Yes please!
W Perimeter is celebrating love with a Vampy Valentine celebration throughout the month of February. Dessert selections are perfect for sharing with each item containing a juicy red fruit (get it vampires and red juice?!), such as chocolate dipped dark chocolate and hazelnut cake drizzled with pomegranite syrup or a parfait of blood orange. For $38 couples can enjoy their choice of desserts and two cocktails from their special V-day collection.
Enticing elixirs available include:
- Seduction – This sweet sip is the perfect ending to a romantic evening – or perhaps the start of one. A smooth blend of Godiva white and dark chocolate liquor, Stoli Vanilla Vodka and cream is shaken and served in a chocolate swirled martini glass, garnished with a juicy strawberry.
- French Kiss – More serious than a stealing a schoolyard kiss, this combination of Jean Louis champagne, pomegranate and strawberry purees, is sure to entice any valentine.
- Sweet Heart – This sweet combination of dragonberry rum, pineapple juice and grenadine with a cherry garnish is sure to feel like one’s been hit by cupid’s arrow.
OpenTable has a great roundup of restaurant dining options. Here are a few of the most enticing:
4th & Swift
We will be offering a special 5-Course Menu for $75/person, non-inclusive. Add to the night by selecting our optional Wine Pairing for an additional $35/person, non-inclusive
Thank you for choosing Ecco for Valentine's' Day. We will be offering a prix fixe menu for $50 a person.
Eleven at The Loews Atlanta
Friday-Monday we will be offering a 4-course menu for $45 per person. Entree options include Orchids Vanilla Butter Lobster and Filet Mignon with Artichoke Heart Ragout.
The Iberian Pig
Have a memorable Valentine's day at The Iberian Pig with a 3-course meal including a special gift from the CHG family of restaurants. The regular menu will also be available.
JCT will be offering a 4 course menu with choices for $55.
Our Valentine's Day package: Each couple will get to select 6 tapas, a dessert & a bottle of wine to share, from our Valentine's Day Aphrodisiac Menu. Cost is $85 per couple. Most Romantic Dish: Roses & Date Ice Cream
Serpas True Food will be offering our regular menu, as well as, a 3-course prix fixe dinner for $30/person (available Fri., Feb. 11 through Mon., Feb 14)
The SHED at Glenwood
Join us for a romantic 3 course Prix Fixe Dinner/$45 per person! Includes a glass of Bubbles for Dessert! Or Join us over the weekend with our regular menu & Special Items!
Valentine's dining tips courtesty of OpenTable
- If your favorite or first choice restaurant is booked on Valentine’s Day (Monday, 2/14), try booking during Valentine’s Weekend instead…. Friday, 2/11 or Saturday, 2/12… there’s greater availability on these dates (especially on Friday).
- If your favorite restaurant is booked… it pays to keep checking back to see if a cancellation has freed up a reservation slot. If you have the OpenTable app on your mobile (we have them available on seven platforms, including the iPhone, Android, and Blackberry platforms) you can be checking anytime, anywhere.
- It takes seconds to search for restaurants in your city with availability on Valentine’s Day… and seconds to reserve a table (on your computer or mobile). So if you think or know you’ll be dining out on Valentine’s Day, book it now while availability provides you with lots of options… waiting means contending with limited or no availability at your favorite spots.