Taste of Atlanta is right around the corner! On Oct. 22 and 23, more than 80 Atlanta restaurants will take over Tech Square in Midtown for a weekend of samples, demos and various and sundry food-lovin' fun.
|Scene from last year's Taste of Atlanta Festival|
This is the most wide ranging group of restaurants you'll find at a food event. From food festival regulars (Bocado, JCT, No. 246, the Shed at Glenwood and Rosebud) to local faves you don't usually see at this type of thing (Bhojanic, West Egg) to the downright unexpected (Waffle House, Johnny Rocket's). See the complete list.
Learning opportunities abound as well with a full a schedule of demos and competitions. Events include:
- Barcraft Competition – VIP ticketholders can sample cocktails from Atlanta's best mixologists as they compete to be named Atlanta's best.
- Family Food Zone – Offers demos and cooking lessons from national and local chefs in an interactive environment, including a Top Chef Kids Competition in which kids can get their hands dirty.
- Inside the Food Studio – This intimate experience hosted by Tom Sullivan gives guests the chance to enjoy food and drink while getting a behind the scenes look at some delicious pairings from local chefs.
- Global Flavors International Stage – At this festival first, top chefs from the city’s diverse international restaurant scene will demonstrate what goes into their signature cuisine.
- Home Plate Main Stage – Renowned chefs will duke it out on the main stage in Iron Chef style competitions.
Get your tickets now!
Tickets are sold at locations throughout Atlanta including Cook’s Warehouse and Ticket Alternative outlets. Purchase online through Ticket Alternative at www.TasteofAtlanta.com. Advance tickets must be purchased by midnight, October 22.
Follow Taste on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tasteofatlanta
Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tasteofatlanta
*Full disclosure: Although my tickets were comped, I always endeavor to offer my unbiased opinion about my experience.